Teleflora - Review about Flower Arrangement from Wakefield, Massachusetts
Let me preface this review by saying that I have ordered from Teleflora for years for both personal and professional floral deliveries and have always been quite happy with their service. Recently, my friends and I ordered a floral arrangement for our friend who had just had emergency surgery. The arrangement we ordered had bright white and yellow flowers and was in a vase with a little chickadee on it. A few hours after we received our order confirmation we received another e-mail stating the order was not available in her area and that a "fresh cut, bright, cheerful bouquet" would be send in its place. We assumed that this would be fine since Teleflora had a number of other arrangements on their website.
Last night, ten days after our order was delivered, we received thank you cards from our friend for the "plant" we sent. It turns out Teleflora had sent a spikey mess of plant in an awful vase that looked straight out of a 70s garage sale. There was not a single flower on the plant, which ultimately had to be thrown out because it was poisonous to her cats (another reason we did not send a plant in the first place). To call the item that was delivered “a substitution of compatible quality and value” (as stated in their substitution policy) is impossible.
When I contacted Teleflora about this, they told me there was nothing they could do because it had been 10 days since the delivery and after five days they could no longer get their product back. When I asked the manager, Kim, how I should have known that a plant was sent since it's not exactly polite to call someone and ask them to send a picture/describe the arrangement you sent them, Kim told me she did not have to talk to me about “personal affairs.” She repeated the same information over and over and became increasingly discourteous each time. After 20 minutes of fighting I received a 50% discount. Despite the discount, we still paid money for an absolutely hideous arrangement that had to be thrown out.
To be blunt - Kim provided the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life and it is truly inconceivable to me that Teleflora could think that a discount is an acceptable resolution to this issue. Additionally, I spent a great deal of time searching Teleflora’s website and in my order confirmation and nowhere is it mentioned that issues with orders need to be reported in 5 days. Quite the opposite, under the “Problems with an Order” section, Teleflora’s website states that “If, at any time, you experience problems with an order, please let us know. This order was a complete waste of money and I will never order from Teleflora again.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "...I receive an email "your delivery wont be delivered as requested" When I clicked the link to reschedule..."
- "Teleflora is a scam! First picture is what I ordered online. Second picture is what was actually delivered. Do NOT waste your money!..."
- "I purchased two flower arrangements for my mom and grandma and they delivered very late and absolutely not what i ordered. Never again will I use Teleflora. if you can..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- "To whom it may concern, My name is Wilma Morrison. I had sent 3 boxes in Philippines on 01/20/2015. Tracking # are 1049977319, 1049977335, 1049977327. On April 7th at 5:34am US..."
- "Tv is 2 years old good thing i was home left bottom corner started to smolder almost like it would catch on fire if left u noticed ..."
- "Stansberry Research has been sending me unsolicited emails for over a year despite my repeated requests for them to cease doing so. I contacted them twice earlier in 2015 via..."