Wakefield, Massachusetts

Let me preface this review by saying that I have ordered from Teleflora for years for both personal and professional floral deliveries and have always been quite happy with their service. Recently, my friends and I ordered a floral arrangement for our friend who had just had emergency surgery. The arrangement we ordered had bright white and yellow flowers and was in a vase with a little chickadee on it. A few hours after we received our order confirmation we received another e-mail stating the order was not available in her area and that a "fresh cut, bright, cheerful bouquet" would be send in its place. We assumed that this would be fine since Teleflora had a number of other arrangements on their website.

Last night, ten days after our order was delivered, we received thank you cards from our friend for the "plant" we sent. It turns out Teleflora had sent a spikey mess of plant in an awful vase that looked straight out of a 70s garage sale. There was not a single flower on the plant, which ultimately had to be thrown out because it was poisonous to her cats (another reason we did not send a plant in the first place). To call the item that was delivered “a substitution of compatible quality and value” (as stated in their substitution policy) is impossible.

When I contacted Teleflora about this, they told me there was nothing they could do because it had been 10 days since the delivery and after five days they could no longer get their product back. When I asked the manager, Kim, how I should have known that a plant was sent since it's not exactly polite to call someone and ask them to send a picture/describe the arrangement you sent them, Kim told me she did not have to talk to me about “personal affairs.” She repeated the same information over and over and became increasingly discourteous each time. After 20 minutes of fighting I received a 50% discount. Despite the discount, we still paid money for an absolutely hideous arrangement that had to be thrown out.

To be blunt - Kim provided the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life and it is truly inconceivable to me that Teleflora could think that a discount is an acceptable resolution to this issue. Additionally, I spent a great deal of time searching Teleflora’s website and in my order confirmation and nowhere is it mentioned that issues with orders need to be reported in 5 days. Quite the opposite, under the “Problems with an Order” section, Teleflora’s website states that “If, at any time, you experience problems with an order, please let us know. This order was a complete waste of money and I will never order from Teleflora again.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Teleflora?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion