Let me preface this review by saying that I have ordered from Teleflora for years for both personal and professional floral deliveries and have always been quite happy with their service. Recently, my friends and I ordered a floral arrangement for our friend who had just had emergency surgery. The arrangement we ordered had bright white and yellow flowers and was in a vase with a little chickadee on it. A few hours after we received our order confirmation we received another e-mail stating the order was not available in her area and that a "fresh cut, bright, cheerful bouquet" would be send in its place. We assumed that this would be fine since Teleflora had a number of other arrangements on their website.
Last night, ten days after our order was delivered, we received thank you cards from our friend for the "plant" we sent. It turns out Teleflora had sent a spikey mess of plant in an awful vase that looked straight out of a 70s garage sale. There was not a single flower on the plant, which ultimately had to be thrown out because it was poisonous to her cats (another reason we did not send a plant in the first place). To call the item that was delivered “a substitution of compatible quality and value” (as stated in their substitution policy) is impossible.
When I contacted Teleflora about this, they told me there was nothing they could do because it had been 10 days since the delivery and after five days they could no longer get their product back. When I asked the manager, Kim, how I should have known that a plant was sent since it's not exactly polite to call someone and ask them to send a picture/describe the arrangement you sent them, Kim told me she did not have to talk to me about “personal affairs.” She repeated the same information over and over and became increasingly discourteous each time. After 20 minutes of fighting I received a 50% discount. Despite the discount, we still paid money for an absolutely hideous arrangement that had to be thrown out.
To be blunt - Kim provided the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life and it is truly inconceivable to me that Teleflora could think that a discount is an acceptable resolution to this issue. Additionally, I spent a great deal of time searching Teleflora’s website and in my order confirmation and nowhere is it mentioned that issues with orders need to be reported in 5 days. Quite the opposite, under the “Problems with an Order” section, Teleflora’s website states that “If, at any time, you experience problems with an order, please let us know. This order was a complete waste of money and I will never order from Teleflora again.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Teleflora's distributor sent a bunch of flowers shoved into a vase. It was supposed to be a $80 premium bouquet. The flowers were cheaper and not arranged. Embarrassing! Vase was..."
- "I ordered flowers for my girlfriend, instructed and payed extra to have them delivered before lunch time to her job. It was 5oclock and still no flowers. I called and..."
- "Look what i ordered & what i get. Very disappointing! I know they can change a flower if its seasonal, but nothing in my order was seasonal. They even chabged..."
- "This paint is TERRIBLE. For as much as it cost me to do a 1200 Sq ft deck it peels and cracks before I get to my 2nd summer with..."
- "They suck!! 6 months ago, after Apple paid a free subscription with POF, found out, informed both Apple and my credit card, and POF that I never authorized another subscription renewal!..."
- "It's not really a "50% off sale" when Roaman's inflates their prices by 250%! Items I looked at buying yesterday were listed at fair prices, however, Roaman's announced it's "50%..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."