3.3
Turnaround Time

A friend's grandmother had passed away, and the service was announced the day after her passing, so I knew that it was a long shot to order flowers the day before the event and expect them to have it available. However, the site allowed for next day delivery, so I felt reassured that the delivery time would be feasible.

I received a call at 11:20am to let me know that the florist could not fulfill my particular order due to an item not being in stock, and requested that I call back. Not being able to fulfill my exact request is understandable, but the Substitution Policy states "In the event your selection is unavailable, a substitution of comparable quality and value will be delivered". I was under the assumption that they would have substituted a similar item to ensure it would make it in time for the funeral service, but unfortunately that was not the case. I had to call them, let them know the service was already completed or almost completed, and I would have to call them back with an alternate shipping address.

I called the following day with the alternate shipping address, and the customer service agent placed me on hold as she searched for an alternate item. She said she found one that costs $5 more, so I asked if I were to be charged for the extra cost. She said no, I would be charged for the service fee. I wanted to make sure, and asked for the total charge of the service, and sure enough, it included the additional fee (minus the coupon savings). While the difference was minimal, this was not specified in their Substitution Policy and feels like a bait-and-switch scenario.

To be clear, I am not upset that the order was not available, nor that they could not deliver it in time: I am disappointed in their poorly-worded substitution policy that is ultimately misleading and will lead to extra charges.

I would not recommend this service.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of deceptive substitution policy. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of teleflora customer care. Teleflora needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned teleflora customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Teleflora.

Had an Experience with Teleflora?

Comments